[Exi-bay-announce] Snorkeling in Point Lobos

Mark Galeck mark_galeck at pacbell.net
Sat Aug 21 12:59:13 UTC 2004

Hi BA extropes,

In the long-standing and mildly successful tradition of posting
extropy-enhancing activities other than devouring sushi...  (drums)
Snorkeling!

On September 6 Labour Day, I would like to go snorkeling to Point Lobos
State Preserve.  I need a one (1) partner at least, or an odd number of them
- they make reservations for snorkeling for teams of two people (but I don't
know how many team spots on that day are left, so each team will need to
make their own reservations).  We can go early so you will be back for
Fireworks.  We can also replenish lost calories on our way back in Dharma's
Natural Foods restaurant in Capitola - it's a fabulous place with
extropy-enhancing foods (no sushi)
http://dharmaland.com/restaurant/index.html.  I have a 7-pass van so we can
carpool from South Bay.

What do you need?

3 1/2 dollars for reservation per person + car share (total cost per car
~$30)
Wetsuit, snorkel, fins, good googles, oops goggles, (you can rent those
things at diving shops around)
Competent swimming ability - the snorkeling is at most 150 yards from the
shore on the reef, but we may have to swim as much as 700 yards to get there
from the beach, and this is in the ocean not in a swimming pool.  In short,
you need to be able to swim a mile or so, without getting tired.  You don't
really need to have snorkeled before, if you swim well, snorkeling is easy.

Let me know if you want to join, serious only, if there is more than one
person, I will reflect to everybody so you can form teams.  ASAP before the
reservations run out.

Thank you,

Mark Galecki