[Exi-bay-announce] quake

David C. Harris dharris234 at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 29 01:50:15 UTC 2004

Parkfield was loaded with USGS instruments, and a quake was expected awhile
back.  One of my neighbors built some of the instruments.  Hopefully they'll get
some wonderful insights from the mass of collected data.

   - David Harris

Jones, Spike wrote:

> It was Parkfield.  They had a series of quakes, the
> largest being about 5.9.  This is good, because that
> fault was building up for a long time.  That series
> over several minutes released a lot of strain.
>
> spike

  David Harris, Palo Alto, California.
  GPS location: 37.41988, -122.13388 (1984 World Geodetic Survey system).
  Active account:  dharris234 at mindspring.com
  Phone: 1-650-856-9126 (has answering machine or me)
  Lifetime e-mail forwarding:  David.C.Harris at stanfordalumni.org
  Postal ("snail mail") address: David Harris
                                 Medintrans
                                 455 Margarita Ave.
                                 Palo Alto, CA  94306-2827