[Exi-bay-announce] Wonderful astronomy talks

Mark Galeck mark_galeck at pacbell.net
Thu Aug 18 04:44:42 UTC 2005

Dear BA extropes,

I think you agree that astronomy and cosmology is intimately connected with
our hopefully extropic future.

I want to tell you about a fantastic event about to take place in Mountain
View's SETI Institute.

http://www.seti.org/site/pp.asp?c=ktJ2J9MMIsE&b=898791

These are 2 SETI Seminars with Seth Shostak.  For those of you who never
listened to Seth speak, let me tell you something:  this guy is one of the
best, most entertaining speakers, in this galaxy anyway.  Trust me on this
one.  Listening to him talk for 4 hours (one seminar, or 2 hours - second
seminar), on _any_ subject, for mere $35, this is a deal almost too good to
be true.  He is the public speaker for the SETI Institute for a good reason.
Recently he was on Larry King Live where he single-handedly dispatched a
cohort of UFO crackpots with frightening ease, while still being
entertaining in the process.

They don't have registration set up yet right now, the dates are to be
decided, I will post again when the dates are clear and registration is up.

Mark Galecki