[Exi-bay-announce] Maker Faire advance tickets on sale

Fred C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Mon Apr 30 23:12:39 UTC 2007

I received the following message and YES it is true that discounted
advance tickets are on sale.  I have purchased mine.

Fred

Greetings Fellow Makers, Crafters, Hackers, and Backyard Scientists:

Without a doubt the most popular question we've received over the past
year is "When is the next Maker Faire?" In fact, Maker Faire weekend is
just 4 weeks away on May 19th and 20th. The location: The San Mateo
County Fairgrounds, just 15 minutes south of San Francisco.

If you missed our first Maker Faire last April, the best way to describe
this family-friendly weekend is part science fair, part craft fair, part
county fair, and part Burning Man. A two-day, family-friendly event
celebrating arts, crafts, engineering, science projects, and the
do-it-yourself (DIY) mindset, Maker Faire is for creative, resourceful
folks who like to tinker and love to make things. We call them Makers.
Check it out:
http://makerfaire.com

Here's a small taste of what we have lined up for you: Survival Research
Labs (SRL), Five Foot Russian Submarine, Junkyard Jet, Bazaar Bizarre,
Silicon Death Valley, RoboGames' Combat Robots, Power Tool Drag Races,
Neverwas Haul, Life-size Mousetrap, Walking Robotic Chariot, Build Your
Own Blinkybug, The Electric Giraffe, The Disgusting Spectacle,
Tomato-basket Dragons and Whales, Internet Crane Game, The Art of Motion
Control, Puppy Mover Monorail, Model Rocket Video Camera, Hydrofoils
(homemade, human-powered, ornithopter and wooden), Chris Benton's Kite
Aerial Photography, Electric Supercars, Swap-O-Rama-Rama, Roobma
Hacking, Winners of the Most Spectacular Failures contest, and acres
more...

With all the buzz around Maker Faire, we're anticipating a huge turnout
(last year we had north of 20,000). But you can avoid the lines and save
yourself some bucks by purchasing tickets online:
https://store.makezine.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=35
BUT CUTOFF FOR ADVANCE TICKET SALES IS MAY 10.