[Exi-can] spring

Helen Cook hvc at soundwave.net
Sat May 1 23:26:20 UTC 2004

Hey Tudor, surprised to find you here :)  How have you been?

On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 04:03:36PM -0700, Tudor Oprea wrote:

Yes!  I saw this a few days ago.  In the case of the car manual, the
article doesn't specify if there is any attempt to use image recognition
to align the schematics directly over the real image of the part.  For
$4k I doubt not, but regardless this is very exciting technology.  I
also wonder how seamless the interface is to use -- if it's just a
translation of a standard paper manual (requiring the user to turn
pages), or if they have done something far more clever and intuitive.

Personally, I'm really excited about being able to take photographs
practically instantly without having to pull out a camera.  Mount the
lens on the monocle and add sensors to focus where the eye is looking,
have a handheld interface to zoom, modify a best guess apperture and
shutter speed, and take the picture.

--h