[Exi-east] DCT/Extropian dinner Thursday, September 5

Sat Aug 31 15:20:24 UTC 2013

Keith F. Lynch wrote on Friday, August 30, 2013 10:01 PM,
> Subject: [Exi-east] DCT/Extropian dinner Thursday, September 5

Unfortunately, I can never seem to attend these dinners because I am always
in Florida.  My business in DC allows me to work remotely even more so than
before, so I am up there less than half time now.

My current excuse for missing these dinners is a series of eye operations
since both my retinas detached and/or tried to detach last year.  However, I
am happy to report that the final operations, to put a lens implants in both
eyes, has restored my left eye to 20-25 vision.  So I can see better than I
have in years.  I am still almost blind in my right eye, but all it needs is
a laser zap in a few months.  They were able to flatten out the retina and
reattach most of it.  They expect good eye sight to return to much of my
viewing area

I am thrilled that my eyesight has returned so well.  With computers being
so important to my life, entertainment, and career, I certainly dodged a
bullet there.  The possibility of going totally blind has certainly made me
reconsider what is important in life!  I also turned 50 this year.  So I
have been having a lot of introspection lately.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP CISSP-ISSAP CISSP-ISSMP CSSLP CISA CISM CRISC CGEIT
IAM