[extropy-chat] Guns

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Mon Dec 1 05:48:43 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Spike" <spike66 at comcast.net>
To: "'Dirk Bruere'" <dirk at neopax.com>; "'ExI chat list'"
<extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 5:35 AM
Subject: RE: [extropy-chat] Guns

> ... social cognitive feedback loops that generate civil
> > >
> > > The participants have been remarkably civil this time
> > > around.  Perhaps we really can discuss this topic.  {8-]
> >

> > I doubt it.
> > It's a religious issue that is a matter of faith.
> >
> > Dirk
>

> Dirk, it could be that a lot of gun debate is
> pointless.  In this country, gun ownership is our
> right, so the fed cannot legally challenge it in any
> case.  Were the fed to attempt to do so, we would be
> forced to conclude that our legal constitutional
> government had been overthrown, and would be obligated
> to take up arms against it restore a legal government.
> That's pretty simple, isn't it?  Caustic debate on the
> topic is unnecessary, pointless as hell.

It's far from simple.
Why don't you tell me how you can own fully automatic rifles in California?
It may be your constitutional right to own guns, but the govt gets to decide
what guns you are allowed, and what you aren't.
Your rights would not be in breach of the constitution if they only allowed
you flintlock muskets.

Dirk

The Consensus:-
The political party for the new millennium
http://www.theconsensus.org