[extropy-chat] The Gender Genie - analyzing writing styles

natashavita at earthlink.net natashavita at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 1 16:50:55 UTC 2003

Amara, bella, perhaps the test is outdated.

We cannot expect either gender to write in tithe style prescribed to it by
any one generational testing regulation.  Also, I don't think it is
necessarily pejorative that a test senses a "male" writing style. Androgyny
is beautiful and an ability to write both across both gender-styles is a
lovely thing to do. This is expressly, I put on a tie many times when I
give a talk.  There is a time and place for all aspect of our "selves" and
you seem to have chosen an educated style in your articles.  However, I
wonder what the article you wrote on Fiorella Terenzi comes out as.  Did
you run that one through the test?

As an educated scientist, your training will come out in your writing no
matter how you fancify it. Also, try running some of your email stories
(that you send to your friends) through the test.  For example, Fiorella
writes in a "female" mode in her books, but in a professorial mode when
teaching.  Likewise, Sometimes I write as an artist/poet in metaphors and
off-the-cuff anecdotes.  Sometimes I write in a professorial mode when it
is required, and at other times, legal language creeps in.

Brings me back to the beginning. Who's judging and is the criteria
objective.

Ciao-
Natasha