[extropy-chat] Trolling (was: Guns)

Charlie Stross charlie at antipope.org
Mon Dec 1 17:53:08 UTC 2003

On 1 Dec 2003, at 17:04, Mike Lorrey wrote:

>>> red.
>>
>> Are we talking about the same John Lott who invents sock-puppets on
>> mailing lists ("Mary Rosh") to defend him against the accusations
>> that
>> he cited figures from surveys that funnily enough nobody else can
>> find  any records of?
> Your refer to this?

The URL that you cut. You're not reading for comprehension, Mike,
you're assuming that I'm attacking your figures on gun use. I'm not.
I'm questioning the reliability of youur sources. You're assuming that
because I'm insisting on accuracy I'm an anti-gun campaigner. You're
also assuming that what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander,
in terms of the fabrication of research data: that lies on one side
justify lies by the other side.

Bluntly: you're so intent on following your own script for how to
interact with people on the topic of gun ownership that you've
effectively turned yourself into a troll. Can I request some time out?
Because this thread *is* a waste of energy, brains, and CPU cycles, for
all concerned.

-- Charlie