[extropy-chat] The Gender Genie - analyzing writing styles

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Tue Dec 2 14:48:34 UTC 2003

Dear Eugene:

>Transhumanism *is* a distinct put-off to the majority of
>women.

Perhaps. The main reason that I occasionally talk here is because I
have some good friends here.  For me, that is more important than
the meme-complex, if that provides insight. I see my future with my
own circle of friends, family, teachers, students, and not any
particular group. (In this respect I've probably changed during the
last year or two.)

>I do not see how to package the meme complex in a more palatable
>way.

(I'll need to think on it.)

>  Perhaps our transhumanist women can produce a diagnosis, and a
>suggestion.

I'm not the best person to produce a diagnosis and suggestion on
this topic now. Probably you know that often, or at least in the last
several years, I think that I don't have a strong enough character
to accept/handle/counter/respond in a good way to some of the
aggression and/or coldness and/or other nastiness that I sometimes
encounter on the tranhumanist lists. I had years of practicing
talking on Usenet too, but somehow that wasn't the right training
for here. This is not any cause for alarm, though, because I have
similar thoughts and feelings when I think that I am not strong
enough to handle living in Italy, and then I meet someone with a
warmth and generosity that blows me away, and it makes me want to
continue trying. Same thing with the transhumanists. My headspace
regarding interaction with strangers is not the best this year
anyway because of this tremendously difficult year and I'm very
tired.

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/