[extropy-chat] thank evolution for the interstate highway system

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 16:40:47 UTC 2003

--- Don Dartfield <twodeel at jornada.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Mike Lorrey wrote:
>
> > Besides an ignorance of neanderthal physiognomy, and a misuse of
> the
> > term 'parallax', he displays a similar ignorance of basic caloric
> > economics.
>
> So you read the books?  What was the ignorance of neanderthal
> physiognomy and ignorance of caloric economics?

>From what I've read, neurological studies of the shape of the brain
case of neanderthals indicate they lacked a lot of the higher brain
functions that homo sap needed to make the breakthrough to actual
conciousness, beyond being ordered around by a god module.

As for caloric economics, as I said in the previous post, you cant
generate enough calories per acre of wilderness via hunter gatherer
economics to support a large enough population or to support job
specialization needed to achieve a highly technological society. The
best such a society can do is have a tribe with a few specialized tool
makers and medicine men. You certainly could NOT support the industrial
infrastructure needed to build advanced technologies like helicopters.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey