[extropy-chat] Transhumanism and non-gender roles

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Wed Dec 3 00:07:46 UTC 2003

--- Dirk Bruere <dirk at neopax.com> wrote:
> And there's one other factor - one that I'm
> beginning to experience.
> It is the 'seen it all' syndrome where fewer and
> fewer things hold any
> novelty.

Would not a good cure for that be to make or seek out
new things?  An elder of the 80s would surely have
found some novelty in the World Wide Web during the
90s (assuming said elder was willing to be exposed to
it).  Likewise, one who believes they have experienced
everything could take a crack at designing, say, a
nanotech assembler to leave a grand legacy.  (If one
has experienced *everything*, this should be simple -
but, of course, it won't be since there are ways of
thinking and fields of knowledge one has not truly
experienced.)

There's always more to learn and do, although one
might become tired of it and start justifying that
everything out there is all the same.