[extropy-chat] Boredom in old age

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Thu Dec 4 09:41:33 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Harvey Newstrom" <mail at harveynewstrom.com>
To: "'ExI chat list'" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 5:37 PM
Subject: RE: [extropy-chat] Boredom in old age

> Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote,
> > I wish I knew what I was doing right that everyone else seems
> > to be doing so wrong.  The problem is that trying to follow
> > my lead doesn't seem to > help people, either - or helps only
> > insofar as they are moved to study tractable interesting subjects.
>
> You're young and naive.  Wait until you are middle-aged, pot-bellied and
> balding, and there is still no singularity or general AI.  How will you
feel
> then?

Well, I'm a bored exception then.
I'm 50, in very good physical condition and still no singularity or AI.
Stiil, I'm an optimist who believes that there will be BIG breakthroughs in
anti-ageing treatments within the next ten yrs.

Dirk

The Consensus:-
The political party for the new millennium
http://www.theconsensus.org