[extropy-chat] theobiology

Damien Broderick thespike at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 5 21:05:45 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Spike" <spike66 at comcast.net>
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 1:56 PM

> At the time, reading
> just this article, I did not recognize the site as a
> parody.  I still cannot call it a joke, since it clearly
> shows an intent to slay, as opposed to entertain.

Paley, prof of Theobiology, is pretty obvious. But amazingly, I find this:

http://www.sagepub.com/journalIssue.aspx?pid=171&jiid=116

American Behavioral Scientist

Volume 45 Issue 12 - Publication Date: 08/2002

Theobiology: Interfacing Theology, Biology, and Other Sciences for Deeper
Understanding

Theobiology: Interfacing Theology, Biology, and other Sciences for Deeper
Understanding

The Authors

Introduction
Carole A. Rayburn, PhD, Lee J. Richmond

 Theobiology: Interfacing Theology and Science
Carole A. Rayburn, Lee J. Richmond

Nonreductive Physicalism and Soul: Finding Resonance Between Theology and
Neuroscience
Warren S. Brown, PhD

The Pyramids of Sciences and of Humanities: Implications for the Search of
Religious
Richard L. Gorsuch

Is Faith an Emotion? Faith as a Meaning Making Affective Process: An Example
>From Breast Cancer Patients
Johnny Ramirez-Johnson, Carlos Fayard, PhD, Carlos Garberoglio, Clara M.
Jorge Ramirez

Comments on Symposium: Theobiology: Interfacing Theology, Psychology, and
Other Sciences for Deeper Understanding
Ralph W. Hood Jr

Beyond Equality
John S. Nixon

Theobiology and Gendered Spirituality
Sharon Kanis

Shamanism as Neurotheology and Evolutionary Psychology
Michael Winkelman

Cross-Cultural Generalizability of the Spiritual Transcendence Scale in
India: Spirituality as a Universal Aspect of Human Experience
Ralph L. Peidmont, Mark M. Leach, PhD

When Science Meets Religion
Akira Otani

Matter, Divinity, and Number
Gregory N. Derry

How far does this go? It reminds me of a mock university faculty in Biblical
Accountancy, invented by my friend John Bangsund, which probed such ancient
fiscal riddles as: `How Doth It Profit a Man to Gain the Whole World and
Lose his own Soul?'

Damien Broderick