[extropy-chat] promoting libertarianism effectively

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 00:13:41 UTC 2003

--- Spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > At 11:55 AM 12/6/2003, you wrote:
> > >http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/09/19/cf.opinionrachel.mi
> > lls/index.html
> >
> > Spike, what on Earth was it that you liked about this?
> >
> > Max
>
> The calendars.  I thought the interview was dippy too.  The
> "promoting libertarianism effectively" was an ironic statement,
> which often doesn't work online.  I should have put NOT! afterwards.
>
> Thanks for the reality check Max.

On the contrary, anything we do to promote liberty in any way that
doesn't hurt anybody is good. WHy? Because for most average people in
America, when you say "libertarians", they say "whassat? sum kinna
crazy democrat?"

It is a common comment among many boomer males that the only reason
they went to anti-war rallies as kids was to get laid. Get a clue. Sex
sells. If it becomes common knowledge that supermodels attend
Libertarian Conventions (and I've met quite a number of exotic dancers
at LP events who are libertarians) then penises will follow, at least
long enough to figure out that this is a serious political movement
with rational arguments.

Given the rather dippy arguments that Max was subjected to when he
appeared on Crossfire, it it any wonder the dip factor on that show is
any different today? Is it any surprise that both Carlson and Carville
were left looking like idiots when facing an attractive woman who is
not afraid of her own sexuality? Rachel coulda smacked em both between
the eyes with a two by four and they wouldn't have noticed.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey