[extropy-chat] planes

Rob KPO trichrom at optusnet.com.au
Tue Dec 9 11:23:09 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Spike" <spike66 at comcast.net>
To: "'ExI chat list'" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 5:47 PM
Subject: [extropy-chat] planes

> > That F22 can only do vectored thrust. It
> > can't take off vertically.
>
> It can take of vertically, if you don't have ordinance
> or much fuel aboard.  {8-]
>
> http://popularmechanics.com/science/military/2002/5/flexible_flyer/print
> .phtml

Vertical take-off is not a capability of the F22, vertical climb - yes,
takeoff - no. Perhaps it has the thrust level and thrust control to do it,
but it isnt capable of sitting on it's tail for starter's! The link provided
is about the F35 which does have a VSTOL variant that can take off and land
vertically.

Sorry for interrupting, but I cant resist on that topic!!!

Regards

Rob KPO