[extropy-chat] POL: Gerrymandering and Geometry: A Tiling Problem?

Wed Dec 10 19:12:16 UTC 2003

Robin Hanson wrote,
> 2) "Judgement" is always needed, so we can't just trust a
> machine. I find these arguments unpersuasive.

Actually, machines can't think yet.  They only do what someone programs them
to do.  We can't trust voting machines, because we can't trust anonymous
programmers behind them.  However, trust is not necessary.  Having open
source which is review able by all will demonstrate what algorithm is being
used and whether we trust it or not.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,