[extropy-chat] Doubt and About

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 19:47:36 UTC 2003

I've posted this several times. They are called Malenkovich Cycles, and
there are 22k, 60k and 100k cycles involved, plus you have short term
11, 22, and 60 year solar cycles that impact as well. In addition, you
have a very long cycle related to our solar systems migration from
galactic arm to galactic arm, which varies cosmic radiation hitting us
significantly.

--- Kevin Freels <kevinfreels at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I don't remember where I read this, but maybe it was here:
> There has been some recent speculation that the overall trend in
> global
> warming is part of a variation in orbital cycles that seem to repeat
> every
> 22,000 years, and 100,000 years. This had to do with the total
> irridiation
> of the planet at higher latitudes. With more irridiation, came less
> ice.
> Less ice meant more CO2, and more warming in a positive feedback
> loop. The
> reverse was also shown.
> I am pulling this from the faintest sector of my memory, so I'm not
> sure how
> correct this summation is. Does anyone else here remember posting
> such a
> message?

=====
Mike Lorrey