[extropy-chat] FWD (PvT) Re: Chart of Clipperton

Terry W. Colvin fortean1 at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 11 02:51:57 UTC 2003

Hi,
I'd suggest that you send email to The Clipperton DX Club, at
< cdxc at free.fr >.  They're French, and have an interest in the island, as
is obvious.  Someone there might help.

73, doug

   Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:54:28 -0700
   From: "Terry W. Colvin" <fortean1 at mindspring.com>

   Hello Doug,

   I'm not sure what Mike Lorrey needs beyond the hydrographic data.

   Here is his latest explanation of his needs:

   "Scale 1:500,000
   Producer Military Topographic Directorate of the General Staff
   Vintage 1980-1981
   Projection Gauss-Kruger
   Language Russian
   Size 3x2 degrees
   Contours 50 meters
   Status Available Immediately in raster or paper format
   Sheet Count 1
   Base price (Paper) $79.00  per sheet

   This is a low resolution contour map that does not provide any
   hydrometric topography. Saw it already, doesn't suit my needs.

   > Some links:  http://www.connectedglobe.com/millennium/ip.html

   Found that page a while back. Thanks.

   An ENC database is a file containing both geographic and hydrographic
   topological data, depth soundings, and other GIS data that conforms to
   the International Geophysical S-57 standard. The US has been creating
   such charts for all of its territorial waters and posessions, even
   uninhabited Navassa Island has been digitally charted. Other major
   nations are supposed to be doing the same thing with their own
   posessions and waters, which I why I want someone literate in French to
   find such a chart on French government servers that is available to the
   public.

   Mike Lorrey"

   AP-preciate your help.

   Terry

   To: Forteana /Alternate Orphan/ <forteana at yahoogroups.com>,
       "skeptic at listproc.hcf.jhu.edu" <skeptic at listproc.hcf.jhu.edu>,
       "TLC [UNofficial]" <tlc-brotherhood at nexus.net>

   *****

--
“Only a zit on the wart on the heinie of progress.” Copyright 1992, Frank Rice

Terry W. Colvin, Sierra Vista, Arizona (USA) < fortean1 at mindspring.com >
     Alternate: < fortean1 at msn.com >
Home Page: < http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/8958/index.html >
Sites: * Fortean Times * Mystic's Haven * TLCB *
      U.S. Message Text Formatting (USMTF) Program