[extropy-chat] Re: Newtonmas silly-sallying

David Lubkin extropy at unreasonable.com
Thu Dec 11 16:00:21 UTC 2003

At 11:10 PM 12/10/2003 -0800, Spike wrote:
> > >We haven't had a pungasm on extropians for some time.  {8-]
> >
> > Well, Newtonmas is approaching.  Silly on, dude! -- David.
>
>OK.  These are not ones I wrote, altho I did modify a few
>of them.  People send me this kinda stuff because they
>know my brain has a humor co-processor, that actually
>is a higher performer than my main CPU.  spike

If it's like mine, the operating system allows the co-processor to
pre-emptively usurp output devices from the main CPU.

Since no one asked, here is the 23-fold punning I posted to that other
list.  I treated it akin to a game of Boggle -- how many puns could I pull
out of a phrase?  Some are a little feeble.  For greatest effect, imagine
them coming rapid-fire from Groucho Marx, Robin Williams, or Spider Robinson.

Figuring out where the pun is for each one might be an interesting test of
neural connectivity.  I'm not sure if measured ingestion of alcohol would
increase your score.  Perhaps that experiment should be performed.

Wendy wrote:
 >  I'm a domestic partner not a wife.  =p

A domestic partner:

(a) is a wife
(b) is a partner who's been domesticated
(c) is a shopping companion for Bed, Bath, and Beyond
(d) is bald-headed
(e) as opposed to a submissive (see leather)
(f) slides down poles at work
(g) as opposed to a foreign affair
(h) is opposed to a foreign affair
(i) chews her husband's food
(j) worries about her derriere
(k) needs to clean out her purse
(l) collects parasites
(m) won't go out for recess
(n) doesn't range widely
(o) twitches during Catholic services
(p) measures the galley
(q) rides side-saddle
(r) helps her husband lose weight
(s) times the venison
(t) helps clean up the bakery
(u) plays with Satchmo

Everyone knows it's Wendy. Stop me before I pun again.

-- David.