[extropy-chat] christmas music ("Vilt" thing)

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Fri Dec 12 09:08:59 UTC 2003

Spike:

>I do not have an extropic answer to this problem:
>around christmas, all you hear is christmas music,
>for a two solid months, from just before Halloween
>until just after New Years, and it drives me CRAZY.

[...]
>Someone has put  angel dust in their stockings you
>can be sure.

*** 21 Days until Comet Wild 2 ***

http://stardust.jpl.nasa.gov/

Perhaps this song will help. Sing along ...

Amara

From: Mark Gingrich <grinch at rahul.net>
Subject: Re: STARDUST Successfully Launched
Date: 1999/02/08

Ron Baalke reported:

>       Stardust is on a flight path that will deliver it to Comet
>  Wild-2 (pronounced "Vilt-2") on January 2, 2004.  The spacecraft
>  will gather particles flying off the nucleus of the comet.  ...

In celebration of today's successful launch of the Stardust probe,
and to help spread the word as to the correct pronunciation of Comet
Wild ("Vilt," as Ron Baalke reminds us above), we invite all of you
to sing the following to the 1960s tune _Wild Thing_, by The Troggs.

     "Vilt" thing,
     We'll make your dust cling.
     You make this aerogel filthy.
     I said "Vilt" thing.

     "Vilt" thing, we think you're dusty.
     But we wanna know for sure.
     Are your particulates Brownlee?
     Oooh, you're dusty.

     "Vilt" thing,
     We'll make your dust cling.
     You make this aerogel filthy.
     I said "Vilt" thing.

     "Vilt" thing, we think you're icy.
     But we wanna know for sure.
     Does your dust hold volatiles?
     Brrrr, you're icy.

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/