[extropy-chat] internet car sale scam

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 13 19:04:42 UTC 2003

Thanks Don and Harvey!  This matches the case almost exactly.
I didn't realize that if one cashes a counterfeit money order
one is still liable to the bank, even after one is
holding the cash.  So my buddy might be out 3500 bucks.
Im pissed at myself for not having caught this *before*
the 3500, but at least we stopped the 7k loss.  The Snopes
writeup is probably the right deal.

spike

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/scams/carsale.asp