[extropy-chat] EU constitution collapses

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 02:43:03 UTC 2003

--- "scerir at libero.it" <scerir at libero.it> wrote:
> http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/12/13/eu.summit/index.html
> http://news.ft.com/home/europe
>
> It seems to me obvious that you cannot
> build a federation of (6, then 15, then 25)
> very different states, having very different
> histories (and reciprocal wars), populations,
> religions, etc., starting  from the economy
> and markets, Political issues come first .
> The EU founding fathers knew that very well.

On the contrary, all it prevents is a strong central government from
forming, forcing the EU fascists to accept a more federalist structure,
even a loose confederation. This is good news for the few states in
europe that have hardwired protections for natural rights like France
and Lithuania, and bad news for those wanting the power to challenge
the US merely for the sake of challenging for power...

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey