[extropy-chat] Doubt and About

Sun Dec 14 06:12:05 UTC 2003

Amara Graps wrote,
> What is your suggested funding source? Many people here have
> families and need to work for a living. (For me, at least three jobs).

Good question!  I do not have a suggested funding source.  I was
brainstorming ideas for working groups where people could get together on
specific tasks instead of less structured talk in the mailing list.  I would
hope that we have enough experts already here or can attract enough experts
to accomplish some things without having to hire others.  However, I do
understand the concern with funding and time.  Hired experts may cost too
much money, and volunteer experts may not have enough time.  This seems to
be one of our biggest limiting factors, time and money.  I undergo money and
time crunches myself.  I wish I had easy answers to both questions, but I
don't.  I am trying to become more efficient at making money and allowing
more time for my personal goals myself.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,