[extropy-chat] EU constitution collapses

scerir scerir at libero.it
Sun Dec 14 19:44:35 UTC 2003

But I ask: what else is Europe [...]
if not a direct, strong attempt
to challenge the US?

> A direct, strong attempt to be independent of the US?
> Dirk

Well "direct, strong attempt to challenge"
is, perhaps, too strong. But it is a fact
that EU means, essentially, France + Germany,
since the very beginning, till now. And it
is a fact that relations between France and
Germany vs US are ... what they are.

This is, perhaps, the first EU document.
http://www.robert-schuman.org/gb/robert-schuman/declaration2an.htm#anglais
We can read: peace, resources, Africa, UN, the
Franco-German leadership. US, five years after
the end of WWII (and ... all that), seems already
far away (if I'm reading the doc. correctly).