[extropy-chat] WTC: Prediction confirmed...

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 00:00:28 UTC 2003

A long while back, maybe a year, year and a half, when discussions were
floating about cutesy parks on the location of the WTC, I proposed and
predicted that what a "real" New York City response would be: to build
a single new tower, twice as high as the original twin towers, jutting
up into the sky like one humongous middle finger to those in the rest
of the world who hate or despise us.

My prediction has come true:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031219/ap_on_re_us/attacks_freedom_tower_12

NEW YORK - The signature skyscraper at the World Trade Center site will
be a 1,776-foot glass tower that twists into the sky, topped by
energy-generating windmills and a spire that evokes the Statue of
Liberty, new plans revealed Friday.

Saying it will "dramatically reclaim" the Manhattan skyline on the plot
where the twin towers once stood, Mayor Michael Bloomberg joined the
architects and Gov. George E. Pataki in unveiling the plans for the
Freedom Tower. Pataki said the building "will show the world that
freedom will always triumph over terror."
-- end quote --

Somebody hire me, quick, I am getting positively precognitive these
days...  Now, it's not exactly twice as high as the original towers
(the original one with the beacon was 1150 feet high) but it is a
decent attempt...

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark