[extropy-chat] when will computers improve?

BillK bill at wkidston.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Dec 20 00:58:08 UTC 2003

On Fri Dec 19, 2003 05:29 pm Kevin Freels wrote:
> Once I have my soundcard driver, mouse driver, video card
> driver, ZoneAlarm, DSL (EnterNet 300 which sucks all by itself), and
> Norton AV running, I get resources available of 68%.

Sounds excessive to me.
I have Win98, 256MB memory, and when I load all the drivers, plus Nvidia
graphics drivers plus Cable Internet, Sygate Personal firewall, AVG
antivirus and Mozilla Mail and Browser, I have resources available of
about 83% GDI, 80% USER and 80% SYSTEM.

I usually have lots more than this running quite happily.

Try different software?

BillK