[extropy-chat] Worst job

R.Coyote etheric at comcast.net
Sat Dec 20 22:09:17 UTC 2003

Worst Job I ever had is a tie

1: disemboweling thousands of  freshly killed turkeys on an assembly line by
hand, occasionally some bone spurs would project like jagged needles from
broken ribs, jabbing deeply into the back of my hand thus squirting turkey
abdominal fluids under my skin, right through the rubber gloves, day after
day in sweltering heat and humidity.

2: cleaning a city parks latrine, where a supervisor would show up a bit
earlier than I did every day that I worked, fill the toilet with paper and
defecate copiously upon it then flushing it to overflow, forcing me to clean
it up day after day. ( I HAD to have this job..) some people have a strange
sense of humor (working for that city department caused my first impetus
towards libertarianism)