[extropy-chat] sjbrain calcs

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 21 08:19:57 UTC 2003

> Well, that was what I was getting at in my post. I thought you were
> saying that this electrostatic repulsion would not be needed???
>
> =====
> Mike Lorrey

Oh ok I catch.

It could be the best way is a combination of concentric orbits
and charge control to avoid collisions and so forth.  Robert's
original idea does not absolutely require charge control, but
the idea is growing on me.  If we had an SJBrain, the space in
which the Jupiter mass of nodes resides is much smaller
than the space occupied by a true Jupiter-MBrain, half a
cubic light minute as opposed to Robert's 250,000 cubic
light minutes.  The notion of collision control in an SJBrain
is more difficult.

I still want to figure out a way to estimate optimal node
size in general.  If we assume von Neumann architecture and
one transistor for every 50 atoms (which includes interconnect),
a total mass of one Jupiter to work with, how do we decide
if we want picogram nodes or big microgram nodes?

The B-man needs to weigh in on this question.