[extropy-chat] a frightfully difficult sacred problem

Dirk Bruere dirk at neopax.com
Sun Dec 21 17:29:44 UTC 2003

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: The Avantguardian
  To: ExI chat list
  Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2003 3:03 AM
  Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] a frightfully difficult sacred problem

  Yeah, if just any copy of the Koran is that sacred and absolute, all people in the US and Israel would have to do to protect themselves against terrorist bombings would be to put copies of the Koran in planes, buildings, and on busses. Of course this assumes that terrorism is an islamic religious phenomenon, which despite the claims of its practitioners, it isn't.

  Which reminds me of something someone posted in a NG to illustrate what morons Moslems were.
  The poster was laughing at their assertion that the 'final days' will be known to the faithful by several signs. A couple of which is that pots and pans, and even bootlaces, will begin to talk.

  Needless to say, it wasn't a tech forum, but I did point out the irony involved in such ignorance.

  Dirk

  The Consensus:-
  The political party for the new millennium
  http://www.theconsensus.org