[extropy-chat] ENOUGH already

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 15:29:55 UTC 2003

--- Charlie Stross <charlie at antipope.org> wrote:

> Damien's working on this right now. Ken MacLeod (who some of you
> might
> remember from this list in the early nineties) also writes about
> transhumanism, from a somewhat more skeptical but overall positive
> viewpoint. My own through-the-singularity novel is due out in
> mid-2005
> from Ace. (Yes, the publishing industry still moves with glacial
> slowness, geared for quill-and-inkwell writers rather than
> faster-than-realtime uploads.) I look on it as broadcasting the
> memetic
> foundations for a public debate framed in positive, rather than
> negative, terms.

You guys getting published are certainly doing your part on the
propaganda front, no doubt. My ire is reserved more for the armchair
extropians.

> What are *you* doing to help us establish what the Trotskyites would
> call a Popular Front?

I'm building the Free State. Don't you know that NH is the number one
escape destination for people moving out of both Massachusetts AND the
Bay Area/Silicon Valley??? Revolutionary Theory says no insurgency can
survive without support from a sheltered base. New Hampshire is the
place where transhumanists will be able to get trans'ed without luddite interference.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                       - Gen. John Stark
                                       - Mike Lorrey