[extropy-chat] BIO: Stem Cell Genes

Damien Broderick thespike at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 23 23:10:46 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert J. Bradbury" <bradbury at aeiveos.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 4:51 PM

> Take 100 stem cells,
> duplicate them, find the most perfectly intact genome in the clones
> and then use the original cell to produce billions of copies for
> therapies.

How do you know when you find it? I'd have thought: take 100 stem cells,
then take a majority vote at each allele locus (if that's feasible), then
compile the most popular choices.

> Rewrite is going to require the Freitas Chromallocytes

Google:

No pages were found containing "chromallocytes".

(BTW, a suggestion to Dirk: please follow netiquette and delete the bulk of
what you're replying to, especially when your comment is the usual one or
two lines.)

Damien Broderick