[extropy-chat] BIO: Stem Cell Genes

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 24 01:07:26 UTC 2003

--- "Robert J. Bradbury" <bradbury at aeiveos.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Another good example of really bad reporting in the
> public press.
>
> A little knowledge is a bad thing.
>
> And you can quote me on that Jeff.  :-)
> Robert

I'm of a similar mind, Robert.  I looked closely at
the article for some 'hard' details and found none.
Didn't like the 'cute'/presumptive name
--"reversin"--for their wonder drug.  If it had been
an institution of lesser credibility--or at least name
recognition--than Scripps, I wouldn't have passed it
to the list.  But it was certainly timely, ...and it
was Scripps, so, as with all things, caveat emptor.

Best, Jeff Davis

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who
said it--no matter if I have said it--unless it agrees
with your own reason and your common sense."
                         Buddha