[extropy-chat] Spam

Major extropy at audry2.com
Tue Dec 30 17:30:41 UTC 2003

> It's puzzling, in most of the spam I've gotten recently they don't appear to
> be selling anything. The subject line may say something about sexual aids or
> low interest rates but the body contains nothing but what looks like random
> verbiage from some old encyclopedia or novel.

Many of them are using the multipart/alternate MIME type with crud in
the test/plain version and their advertisement in the text/html version.

The crud gets them round the spam filter but is invisible to
outlook/hotmail users who are probably the only people silly enough to
buy prescription pharmaceuticals from a spammer anyhow.

Major