[extropy-chat] Spam

Wed Dec 31 02:59:16 UTC 2003

Spike wrote,
> Ja, this is a related problem, but what I was looking
> at is making the internet inaccessible to those who
> fear having porno placed on their computers.

That is becoming a real problem.

> For them, the internet has already
> become functionally inaccessible.

Regular spam can do this as well.  My mother literally gets over 1000 spams
per day.  She can't look through them all for real messages from people.  So
her e-mail is unusable.  She cannot find or respond to real messages sent to
her mailbox because of all the spam.

--
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
Certified IS Security Pro, Certified IS Auditor, Certified InfoSec Manager,