[extropy-chat] Transhumanism: Teilhard de Chardin - Truth or Dare

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 1 00:56:23 UTC 2003

> >From: Damien Broderick

> It's properly shortened to Teilhard, not to de Chardin or Chardin.]

Damien this all reminds me of when you and I went
around Palo Alto searching used book stores for
works by L. Sprague de Camp.  In some they listed
him under S, in some under d, in some under C.  In
one store, the silly proles had it listed under L.

It would take away ambiguity if all names were
alphabetized by the last letter of the last name.

No wait, that wouldn't work either.  The French
have a bad habit of keeping on spelling after they
have finished talking, leading to such absurd
spellings as Sioux, when it shoulda been spelt Soo.

{8^D  spike