[extropy-chat] "The Spike"- Ray Kurzweil

pietro ferri pietroferri at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 1 01:32:03 UTC 2003

>don't you debate about the "Law" direclty with him? I am sure that it would
>be of great interest to every extropian!

>I'm not at all sure that would be the case.

Do you mean that a public debate between two such acclaimed authors like Ray
and Damien would not be interesting?  Well, I don't see how it could not be
interesting... it would be very interesting indeed.

>  Now, the human genome project was much less so say 10-12 years ago.
>The general consensus circa 1990 was that the HGP could *never* be
>accomplished.  The science for DNA sequencing was well established but
>there had to be breakthroughs in the technology.

Actually, this is a good example of a correct prediction of Ray. He himself
on several occasions reminds his readers of how "simple" it was for him to
predict the HGP outcome. :-)