[extropy-chat] Transhumanism: Teilhard de Chardin - Truth or Dare

David McFadzean david at lucifer.com
Sat Nov 1 22:04:32 UTC 2003

From: "Samantha Atkins" <samantha at objectent.com>

> Sometimes I think religions are remnants of a much more advanced past or a
> brush with a much more advanced reality that have degenerated into
> superstition and dogma to a large degree.    But I don't find
> religion/spirituality utterly bankrupt as many do.

An excellent book on religion from an evolutionary psychology perspective
is Pascal Boyer's "Religion Explained". Boyer does a great job of showing
where more simplistic theories of the origins of religions fall short, and
explains how religions and supernatural beliefs evolved with human inference
systems.

David