[extropy-chat] HISTORY: Solved & Unsolved Riddles

scerir scerir at libero.it
Wed Nov 5 14:57:43 UTC 2003

Brett Paatsch
> Here's one - what *political* purpose was served by postulating
> the notion (and/or propagating the meme) of  god as a trinity? i.e. Three
> persons - one god. Why three in particular (pace Pythagoras ;-) ?

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying,
All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father,
and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost [...]"
- Matthew 28:19

There is a trend. The number of Gods, within
a single religion, becomes </=1.
Well, in our case the 'set' (better 'topos')
is one, but the 'elements' are three!
In Buddhism ... is there just an 'empty' set?

For something more elaborate see
http://www.liv.ac.uk/~spmr02/rings/trinity.html
http://www.biblewheel.com/GR/GR_Unity_Shield.asp

Why three, in one? Dunno. But, given the entanglement above
(rings or braids), we could write the Trinity as

|Fa,true>(|Sp,true>|Je,false>+|Sp,false>|Je,true>)+
+|Fa,false>(|Sp,true>|Je,true>)

which, circulating Father, Spirit, and Jesus in that expression,
shows up a very interesting property.