[extropy-chat] Scientific standards of evidence

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 5 16:37:21 UTC 2003

> Chris Phoenix wrote:

> > a few hours after that, we learned that her brother had
> > been killed in a
> > motorcycle accident within a few minutes of that time, and his lower
> > ribs had been run over.

Remarkable!  Only a few months ago, I was out riding
a motorcycle, and when I got home I learned my wife
had gotten a pain in her ribs.  It happened right
while I was out on the bike!  In the many worlds
interpretation of quantum mechanics, some subset of
my probability distribution wavefunction gets
squashed every time I go out riding, so in some
alternate universe, she got the rib pain
*right at the same time I was nailed.*  spike