[extropy-chat] Depressing thought of the day

BillK bill at wkidston.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 18:10:55 UTC 2003

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:34:38 +0100 Jacques ecrit:
> Mozilla mail 1.5 (trained) + SpamAssassin (even without non-local
> tests) solves it for me. Of course it's only an individual solution,
> and I still download the crap, so I don't disagree with your
> statement, but just in case someone is unaware of this possibility.

Mozilla Mail 1.5  +  MailWasher solves it for me.
MailWasher stops the spam at the POP server so I don't ever download the
crap. (You can't train the Mozilla Bayesian spam catcher though, if you
never download the spam in the first place).
It also allows you to try to bounce the spam straight back to them, but
this often fails due to forged return addresses.
Free from <http://www.mailwasher.net/> for one mail account.
The Pro version ($29.95) handles multiple mail accounts.

BillK