[extropy-chat] Depressing thought of the day

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 gpmap at runbox.com
Wed Nov 5 18:22:52 UTC 2003

Getting rid of spam may well be as difficult as developing active shields
against gray goo. Spam is a moving target: as soon as we devise a good
filter for today's spam, they will devise a way around. As soon as we
develop a super AI that recognizes spam, they will develop a better AI to
produce subliminal advertising bases on those nuances of human psycology
that have not be incorporated in the AI design.
The bad guys are as smart as the good guys, this is not likely to change too
soon. I think we will still have bad guys after the singularity.
G.