[extropy-chat] Scientific standards of evidence

J Corbally jcorb at iol.ie
Wed Nov 5 23:04:02 UTC 2003

>Message: 5
>Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 08:37:21 -0800
> >From: "Spike" <spike66 at comcast.net>
>Subject: RE: [extropy-chat] Scientific standards of evidence
>To: "'ExI chat list'" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
>

> > Chris Phoenix wrote:

> > > a few hours after that, we learned that her brother had
> > > been killed in a
> > > motorcycle accident within a few minutes of that time, and his lower
> > > ribs had been run over.
>Remarkable! Only a few months ago, I was out riding
>a motorcycle, and when I got home I learned my wife
>had gotten a pain in her ribs. It happened right
>while I was out on the bike! In the many worlds
>interpretation of quantum mechanics, some subset of
>my probability distribution wavefunction gets
>squashed every time I go out riding, so in some
>alternate universe, she got the rib pain
>*right at the same time I was nailed.* spike

A few weeks ago I suffered a shredded drive belt that caused a rear-wheel
lock up at 60mph.  She has a splitting headache this week.  Does that count? :)

Another point that perhaps you single guys might not pick up on :) -
stomach/thoracic pain can often be a precursor to the beginning of the
menstrual cycle.  Such pains aren't that unusual for the ladies.

Poor darlings...

James...