[extropy-chat] Depressing thought of the day

Robert J. Bradbury bradbury at aeiveos.com
Thu Nov 6 11:12:37 UTC 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Robert J. Bradbury wrote:

> Most of
> you are not watching the current power play in Russia -- and how
> many of you have reflected on how that might impact Alcor?
> If you do not see the possible connections you are betting
> with your life.

Comments suggest I was a bit obtuse with the above comment.
The point would be that the basic question in Russia is
whether or not "law" rules.  If law does not rule then
it is possible for a situation to develop where people
toss frozen bodies/heads into the street.

I am stretching to extrapolate the lack of "rule-of-law"
in Russia to the U.S. *but* I am not stretching things
too far (witness current anti-abortion trends).

R.