[extropy-chat] UN Delays Decision on Human Cloning

Reason reason at exratio.com
Thu Nov 6 23:03:10 UTC 2003

Looks like we all dodged a bullet here. Any of the pending resolutions would
have been very obnoxious; the longer that theraputic cloning research
continues, the harder it will be to ban - as more tangible results will be
to hand.

One can be optimistic and hope that this is a turning point of sorts. In
reality, if the current US administration is still in power in 2005, we'll
most likely be doing this all again. If it's a bunch of democrats instead,
we'll probably still be doing it all again...

I do recommend contacting your elected representatives to express your
feelings on the matter, while this thing is in the news:

http://www.longevitymeme.org/projects/oppose_global_theraputic_cloning_ban.c
fm

http://www.longevitymeme.org/projects/oppose_the_theraputic_cloning_ban.cfm

http://www.longevitymeme.org/projects/oppose_the_european_stem_cell_ban.cfm