[extropy-chat] Eugen's balcony

ABlainey at aol.com ABlainey at aol.com
Fri Nov 7 03:06:24 UTC 2003

bradbury at aeiveos.com writes:

> P.S. and it would really be interesting if once the X-prize(s) were
> awarded and pseudo-space travel became reasonable and someone
> figured out when Eugen's birthday was if Extropes collectively
> determined to rain down cake on Eugen's location on such a
> date.  I almost cannot imagine Eugen holding up a glass of
> champagne recognizing the cake streaking across the sky
> being forced to raise the cry of "incoming".

What would be the terminal velocity of a cake dropped from a low earth orbit?
How would it differ depending on the material, say Sponge or Fruitcake?

Personally I think there are far too many variables to consider when
calculating the decent of a dumb cake. I therefore forward the notion that any orbital
cake deployment be of the Eugene Seeking Self guiding variety. Perhaps a
large chocolate eclair would be ideal due to the superior aerodynamics. If
deployed in a raw cakemix configuration, it should be nicely cooked by the time of
impact.

Alex