[extropy-chat] HISTORY: Solved & Unsolved Riddles

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Fri Nov 7 17:12:30 UTC 2003

1) There must be a physical mechanism to compute how proteins fold up since
the same protein always turns into the same shape and does it in just a few
seconds, but our most powerful supercomputers would take centuries to figure
out even the simplest one. What is that computational mechanism?

2) Are Quantum Computers possible and practical?

3) What is Dark Matter?

4) What is Dark Energy?

5) How does turbulence work?

6) How does friction work?

7) What does the wave Quantum Mechanics associates with every particle
really mean?

8) What survival value did our ancestors find walking on 2 legs gave them?

9) Why is there something rather than nothing?

John K Clark     jonkc at att.net