[extropy-chat] the F word, struggling with, embarrassment?

aperick at centurytel.net aperick at centurytel.net
Sat Nov 8 00:59:24 UTC 2003

I had to compose the following rambling verbiage before concluding that
while poking a sleeping bear is a sign of great and praise-worthy courage
when there is a real need to evict the bear from his chamber - in the
absence of that need the same poke just makes you an asshole. I am left to
suffer the pain of one who has seen, through new lenses, no cuteness where a
*belief* had previously placed it. Just one more bit of evidence that
'beliefs' are the root of all evil.

><previously composed by Rick>
Many persons in the general public would conclude that since I do not own a
necktie that I am a lowly creature.

We are proud of our Atheism. Care not one tiddle if Christians object to us
pointing and laughing at their sacred bible and their silly God. We totally
disregard their feelings as we permit women to kill their unborn babies. Yet
many of us dare not reevaluate their code regarding sexuality. And of those
who do, most will not admit to violating popular xtian mores about sex. We
conceal our consumption of pornography. Yet we flaunt our consumption of
books on evolution and any other form of blaspheme. Should we fear their
response to Ricks use of the F word more than what they may do after
witnessing us take the side of the baby killers in family planning clinics?

Many persons in the general public feel sorry for souls too stupid to see
the power and glory of the one true God. Many others see instead prideful
allies of Satan - massively hated by God. But do any of us fear that these
believers will think even less of us, find us even less credible, because we
have the gall to utter the vulgar profanity king: that enemy of Christ: the
F word?

Oh I would understand my being publicly chastised if I averaged more than
one or two such ... pause ... what is this, adrenaline? Did my choice of
word spring from a deep and painful anger? It had felt so playful at the
time. Just an innocent rebellion. What makes an A__hole?
/>