[extropy-chat] ILE: life just got a little more complicated

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 8 03:52:13 UTC 2003

--- Karen Rand Smigrodzki <Karen at smigrodzki.org> wrote:
> Further, and finally, the Court held
> that the corporation could claim a 4th Amendment privilege against
> unreasonable search and seizure of documents, but the witness
> (officer of the corporation) could not claim the same in relation
> to production for the
> grand jury of documents of the corporation for investigations into
> violations of the Anti-Trust Act of 1890.

Isn't this just an end-run, though? Doesn't it completely eviscerate
the 4th Amendment (and I REALLY don't get applying the 4th to a
corporation and not an individual, esp given conspiracy law, where the
right hand does not need to know what the left hand is doing to be culpable)?

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                                    - Gen. John Stark
Blog: Sado-Mikeyism: http://mikeysoft.zblogger.com