[extropy-chat] HISTORY: Solved & Unsolved Riddles

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 9 02:29:30 UTC 2003

--- "Eliezer S. Yudkowsky" <sentience at pobox.com> wrote:
> John K Clark wrote:
>
> > P.A.M. Dirac Wrote in  Principles of Quantum Mechanics:
> >
> > "Each photon then interferes only with itself. Interference
> > between two different photons can never occur."
>
> I don't know whether Dirac said this, but this can't possibly be
> right.
> There is no such thing as a *particular* photon, any more than there
> is a
> *particular* dollar in an electronic bank account.

Oh, I don't know. Considering how Feynman showed that particle
equations work just as fine backward in time as forward, I like to
imagine that there is just one photon in the universe, the proverbial
cosmic christmas fruit bread, going back and forth and creating
everything, playing the role of every particle and wave packet in
existence. The whole "God is light" routine....

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                                    - Gen. John Stark
Blog: Sado-Mikeyism: http://mikeysoft.zblogger.com